Health and Safety Information
We’re working to keep our travelers and employees safe. Travelers are reminded to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention travel and prevention guidance regarding COVID-19. This includes practicing good hygiene, such as washing your hands regularly. Stay informed and up to date with information from www.tsa.gov/coronavirus.
Please visit http://gobroomecounty.com/hd/coronavirus for local news and information.
- Is the Airport still open? Yes, the airport is still open.
- Can I still use the parking services at the airport? Yes, airport parking is still open and available to the public.
- Have there been any cases of the virus at the airport? No. There has not been any record of the coronavirus at the airport or being traced back to travelers using the airport.
- What steps has airport staff taken to sanitizing the Airport? Airport staff have been working hard to sanitize the airport terminal daily. This includes sanitizing the entire departure lounge after each flight. We have also been increasing our cleaning efforts within offices and workspaces across the airport to help protect staff. NOTE: For questions about the sanitizing efforts by Delta Airlines, TSA, DOH, FAA, or the different car rental companies located at the airport, please visit their websites.
- Can I still rent a car from the Airport? Yes, you can. The car rental services are still operational.
- Is Delta still operating out of BGM? Delta Airlines is still operating, and they still have scheduled flights in and out of BGM.
- Is Air Traffic Control and other FAA facilities still in operations? The Air Traffic Controllers are still here ensuring efficient and safe handling of aircraft on the ground and in the air. All FAA facilities at the airport are still in operations as well.
- Who can I contact with further questions? All other questions and or concerns can be directed to the following phone number: (607) 763-4474.
In these difficult times, BGM remains committed to our community and are taking every precaution to keep travelers and employees safe.
STAY HOME. STAY SAFE.
Greater Binghamton Airport Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information.
Federal Mask Mandate
Federal law requires wearing a mask at all times in the airport and aboard aircraft and failure to comply may result in removal and denial of re-entry. Refusing to wear a mask in an airport or on an aircraft is a violation of federal law; individuals may be subject to penalties under federal law. As a reminder, masks are not required outside of the terminal building. This federal mask mandate remains in effect through March 18, 2022.
Throughout the COVID-19 global pandemic, we have remained open and operational thanks in part to the efforts of our County and Airport personnel.
The airport is following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Broome County Health Department. Here is a link for a dedicated page from Broome County regarding COVID-19. https://www.gobroomecounty.com/hd/coronavirus
Our passenger, tenant, and visitor safety is utmost importance to us. We have a strong focus on maintain a clean and safe environment. We have taken additional steps beyond the guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). While traveling through BGM, you may notice the following:
- Increased use of disinfectant
- Hand sanitation stations available for public use
- Increased HVAC filters and flow to remove harmful germs
- Utilizing a hospital-grade misting system for our custodial team to clean and disinfect high touch points
- Use of masks and barriers by tenants and concessionaires in the building
- Social distancing markings for increased awareness
As indicated above, masks are now required while in or on the airport. Please monitor the airport’s social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) for our latest changes regarding Covid-19.